A Message from SMBC Americas Division CEO Hiro Hyakutome
At SMBC, we connect the diversity of our employees to the resilience of our firm. We believe that an array of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives creates stronger organizations and a better society. Our differences should be valued and celebrated, not simply accepted and tolerated.
We strongly encourage an inclusive environment that allows all of our employees to be their true selves and fully thrive in their roles. Our culture is one of integrity and respect, where we welcome all input and accept it without judgment.
We understand that considering all ideas and perspectives ultimately delivers more creative solutions and better results for each other, our organization and our clients.
Each of our diverse backgrounds brings new perspectives to our company culture and should be embraced. Our experiences, while unique, collectively bring life to our company values:
- Integrity: Adhering to professional ethical standards is essential to our business.
- Customer First: Our clients are at the center of everything we do.
- Proactive & Innovative: We embrace new ideas and perspectives as well as challenge established ways of doing things for the growth of our clients, the good of our organization and the benefit of society.
- Speed & Quality: Our goal will always be to move at the speed required to make our clients successful, with a focus on accuracy and diligence.
- Team “SMBC Group”: We are one team that respects and leverages the knowledge and diverse talent of our organization.
Our employee-led enterprise resource groups give us the chance to promote our shared culture in all we do. These groups create awareness and drive conversations around problem solving, leadership, and collaboration.
I encourage you to review this page to learn more about SMBC, explore our diversity and inclusion initiatives, and discover opportunities for a career with us.